I'm sorry to say I did not know Tara as well as I wanted. We started connecting only in the last year of her life. Tara was so filled with life that I didn't even realize she was sick. She never showed it if she ever felt sorry for herself. Tara lived her life with incredible courage.

Tara was truly in love with her children. She was tender and thoughtful in her words of Noah and Piper. They were the world to her, and she was so sweet to them. As a mother, she was inspirational. It's the memory of how beautiful Tara was in motherhood that I carry with me — a little part of Tara to inspire and help me.

I loved talking with Tara who enjoyed a good conversation about ideas. She was intelligent, funny and vibrant. Tara was always smiling and was a joy to be with. She was an amazing woman I wish I had known better.

Christina Schlattner, Sooke